Thursday, September 29, 2011

The leaves are falling back East

Profiles, Pumpkins, Preschool, and Black Eyes :

Profiles:
Today, friends: a breakthrough. I took these photos, and I thought: I want to blog this today. Today! Not someday. You see, our adoptive profile is finally finished. I'm amazed at how much relief I feel. I thought there would be some anxiety, because now the waiting begins. But there's not. We were really thoughtful and prayerful about all of it. I know it's what it is supposed to be - and the child who is supposed to end up here will end up here - when it's time. Here is the link to it, and I'll be adding one on the sidebar shortly. Please spread the word if you feel inspired to do so.

Pumpkins:
The Halloween decorations have been up since last week. One day Frankie was brought to tears because he wanted them out so badly but Jeremy was at work and I am incapable of climbing into the attic. Frankie has decided on an awesome Halloween costume that I'm equal parts excited and flabbergasted about trying to make. Today we went to the plant nursery for a few cooler temperature flowers - and they had pumpkins. Expensive pumpkins - but they were cute with stems. I caved and let Frankie pick out a little one. I can't wait for crisper temperatures, yellow leaves, and all the lovely things that fall brings.


Preschool: 
We are getting used to the schedule of preschool, and Frankie still loves it. He comes home with a colored picture, a stamp on each hand, and stories about what they did that day. I get time to work, usually at the office, which is good because we are still really busy. He has learned in the last few weeks to get in and out of the car and buckle himself in his seat on his own. He is so grown up.


Black eyes:
On Tuesday Frankie and I made a quick run to the office. He was swinging up on his arms in between some desks - and swung forward all the way to the ground. He landed on the right side of his head/face. It was very traumatic, and the Quasimodo swollen black eye started forming yesterday. Poor kid. His preschool teacher told him today "you must be really tough!" and he said "actually, I cried all the way home."