Friday, September 2, 2011

Well Well Well


Frankie has vision. He wanted an aquarium diorama. Jeremy helped him build the first one up at the cabin. He wanted the fish to look like they were swimming. Thus, the fish are hung with string. We left the first diorama at the cabin, but he wanted another. I helped him with this one and this time he water colored water on the back of  some old blueprint paper. (The giant paper is one advantage of my line of work.) We painted, pasted and cut all morning long one day. It now lives proudly in his room.


Once a month or so, Frankie gets to bring snacks to preschool and be the leader that day. His teacher reminded him as he left that it was his first turn next time. I came downstairs to find that he had prepared all the snacks for his class, even though he didn't have preschool again until the next week. He was just a little excited. He did a really good job of it, it made me happy. (And yes, there are only 5 kids in his class. Nice, huh?)


Cats. Fluffing and meowing and making us laugh as always. Neighbors, beware the peeping Bingley.


A city taken over by giant bugs, and a colossal kid!

(These days Frankie will request that I take pictures of his creations.
Obviously he's got the drill down.)


Frankie got a bit of an early birthday party because Kennadi and Connor were going to be out of town for his party. Mostly I just think these kids are really cute.



Alison provided the cupcakes. She brought them over so we could see the mystery color which obviously was pink. I get a niece in January! I can't tell you how excited I am about this, and so happy for them. (A funny side note is that we knew they had the ultrasound in the afternoon. Neither Alison or Nick had answered any of our texts, and we had started to get worried something was wrong with the baby. When she finally came over that evening, we told her next time she needs to tell us everything is okay, and then bake cupcakes.)


Connor enjoyed the treats.


Frankie and I are baking away - getting ready for his birthday cake.



And I leave you with this. Because it cracks me up and gives me the heebie jeebies at the same time. 


Well, I was going to leave you. But I was just reminded of a story I want to record. One day Frankie was coloring and he asked me how to spell "heebie jeebies." He wrote it on a little piece of cardboard and told me it was my sign. He would put it by his bugs, and for a long time it actually hung on my bathroom mirror. Apparently I give myself the heebie jeebies. 

One morning he told me he had a surprise for me. I came downstairs to find that he had started up Netflix, and his favorite little documentary which is basically just insects and music. He had paused it on a close up of a grasshopper (my most hated bug) and hung the heebie jeebies sign next to it. What a kid.